Wednesday 5 February 2014

Banana Bread Recipe

In a perfect world, men and women would be checking their mail in the morning, waving hello to to their neighbour who is just on their way to work.
"Good morning Mr. Smith!"
"Good morning to you too!"

In a perfect world, people would rush over to meet their new neighbours with baked goods in hand, and asking if they can help with any thing.

I want to live in that world.
So I'm going to make it happen. We have a new neighbour, and I've been watching her move her stuff in for the past few days (I know... I sound totally creepy right?)
Anyway, I started pinning neighbour gift ideas on Pinterest, but I never get to the store, and I don't really have any cash to spend...lammmmeee.
So I opened up my trusty recipe book, and got to work.




Banana bread is a big treat around here...we usually never have ripe bananas left over for baking because my husband eats them all. he will probably cry a bit because I am giving this banana bread away actually...

I didn't take any pictures of the actual baking because I never intended for this to be a blog post. I decided after I wrapped the bread up all cute, that I had to share it!

Here is my favorite recipe for banana bread. I don't remember where or who I got it from, it is not my own recipe, but I would like to share it with you :)

Banana Bread
Ingredients:
3 or 4 ripe bananas
1/3 cup melted butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
1 1/2 cup flour

Preheat oven to 350F
Mix mashed up bananas with the melted butter in a large mixing bowl.

add in the sugar,egg,vanilla,baking soda,salt, and flour,mix until well blended.
Pour mixture into a greased bread pan and bake for 1 hour.
then cool on rack!

Super easy, and you can add in whatever you want, like maple, or blueberries....we like blueberries.

Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment